Why I love this recipe:
1. It's so easy and quick to whip up on the fly.
2. Avocado gives the illusion of indulgence with its smooth, creamy texture. But avocados are packed with heart healthy monounsaturated fats that have been shown to improve cholesterol levels. They are also a good source of vitamin E which supports your immune system (very important this time of year!).
3. Pomegranates add a beautiful pop of colour and a sweet, tart flavour that really wakes up the taste buds. Plus these seeds have vitamins, minerals, and fibre that contribute to good health.
*choose whole grain if you can find it
1/2 - 1
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Cut baguette into thin slices and brush with olive oil. Bake in oven until baguette is lightly toasted (about 5 minutes)
2. Remove the baguette crisps from the oven and rub each crisp with a clove of garlic. No need to over do it here, 2-3 swipes of garlic on each crisp should suffice.
3. Remove the pomegranate seeds from the pomegranate. A quick search on You-tube will tell you that there are lots of ways to de-seed a pomegranate. Click here for one way to do it.
4. Cut the avocado into small cubes.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the avocado and pomegranate seeds and gently fold together.
6. Spoon the mixture on top of the cooled crisps
7. Sprinkle with salt (optional)
8. Serve and enjoy!